Lee Holland - Elephant with Bouquet


Hi everyone. Linda here, I have another CAS card to share with you today, I'm really starting to like my CAS makes, but don't worry, I won't be abandoning my usual style.
This one is using the super sweet
Elephant with Bouquet
from Whimsy Stamps. I love Lee Hollands' animals, they are all so cute!
This card was featured in the new Whimsy Inspired e-Magazine. If you haven't checked it out, you really should, 50 pages of lushness and it's completely free!

First of all I stamped my image onto some water colour paper, this particular paper was a new try for me, but I wasn't happy with the way it took the inks so I won't be using it again, therefore I'm not listing it. I have another new one to try out in coming weeks so we'll see how that goes. I'm quite happy with my regular watercolour papers, but I like to try out new things now and then.

After colouring my image in with my distress ink markers, I cut it out with the largest die of Whimsy's new
Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles 
and then shaped the bottom with the stitched curve die from the
Stitched Border Die Trio

I cut out half of a rectangle out of a scrap of lime green design paper, and stamped the sentiment, (this is from an older whimsy set that's not available any more), with the same die I used for my image, sliding it underneath and filling in the missing part to make a full rectangle again, and mounted them both on a slightly larger rectangle of bright pink cardstock.

I mounted the whole thing with some adhesive foam tape on a a card base made with some plain white cardstock and measuring a quarter of an inch bigger than my pink cardstock.


Since this was a CAS card I embellished very simply with a few enamel dots I had in my stash and a little Wink of Stella on the butterfly wings (which of course doesn't show up in my photograph!).

I hope you liked my make for today, you can find more of my Whimsy makes on my blog.

Happy crafting! :) xx

2 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team