Oceanna: Copic Coloring

Hello Crafters! 

For today's post I'm working with the new Oceanna stamp. It's part of the April release and I think she's just beautiful! 
I'm always drawn to Mi Ran's stamps. Which stamps do you gravitate toward? 


I started by stamping the beautiful mermaid in Copic safe ink. 
I used distress ink to lay down a base color for both the water and the sand. This cut down on how much copic ink I had to put down to build my background scene. 

I used my copics to create some wavy lines to add a few details as well as the base coloring. This is something I'm still practicing as I usually prefer to add details with my white gel pen. I added some bubbles into the water and then highlighted them with a sparkle pen. 



While I was priming my sparkle pen I was a little over zealous and a *huge* drop fell onto my background. No worries, a few rocks covered it right up. haha! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
If there's something you'd like to see in the future please let me know :) 

xoxo
Kelly 



2 comments

  1. A beautiful card Kelly. You did a good job covering up the drop of sparkle, I can't see it! LOL
    A great idea to use Distress as a base before Copic colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work of art. Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team