Day 8 of Whimsy Stamps' Countdown to Christmas


Hello!

It's Linda here, swinging in on day 8 of our Countdown to Christmas. I hope you are enjoying all the fab makes my talented team mates have been sharing, and there's so much more to come. 

Today it's my turn and I made a little card with the adorable Snow Family from the Lee Holland collection.  Apart from the plain white and coloured cardstock, and the large shaped die to cut the card shape, everything on my card today is from Whimsy Stamps, so I've made a little list with links at the end of the post.

I coloured this sweet little family up with my distress ink markers.

If you would like to know the colours just pop across to my blog here.


I have to admit that I had this image stamped up and partially coloured for a while now, but just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. I originally thought I'd make a shaker card, but then I thought there wouldn't actually be very much 'shaker' visible behind my snow family, so I didn't.

I used some papers from the Winter Wishes pad and used some of the matching enamel dots as centres for my snowflakes.
I do have to say that in the light the geometric snowflakes all matched my colouring, but as by the time I'm home from work it's really dark here, it doesn't look that way on the photograph, my lovely violet snowflakes look more burgundy!

The little sentiment is from the Penguin Adventure clear stamp set, I thought it was perfect for this little group.


That's all from me today but you can find more inspiration here every day in the run up to Christmas!

2 comments

  1. What a cute little snow family and love the shape of your card too thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team