Whimsy Stamps spotlight in Rubber Stamp Madness Magazine

It is my turn to post on the blog today and I am SUPER excited! This is the first time EVER that one of my cards has been published!! Woohoo!

If you take a look at the current issue of Rubber Stamp Madness Fall 2017 Magazine, you will see one of my cards and some of my colored images.
One of the spotlights on Whimsy Stamps is on page 26-28.

Here is my card:


I used a cutting file with my silhouette (from 'The Cutting Cafe') which cut out the outline shape of the beehive. I used embossed yellow cardstock for this.
I then used the Whimsy Stamps 'Honeycomb Pattern Die' with the same yellow cardstock to create the honeycomb pattern. I then glued this onto each individual panel (had I thought about it I would have adhered the honeycomb patterns before cutting the panels out!!)
I then doodled with some black ink to make the panels stand out a little more.
The door was made in the same way, although I used the negative part of the honeycomb die and added the black hexagons to the panel.


I used the Whimsy Stamps 'Build a Poinsettia Die' with white glitter cardstock to create the flower, folding it up along the creases for more dimension. Who says you can't just use the poinsettia dies for Christmas Cards??
I added a yellow enamel dot from Whimsy Stamps 'Christmas Cheer Collection', into the centre of the flower. 
The image is from Whimsy Stamps 'Bee-cause Clear Stamp Set', colors with prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut out.
The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps 'Bee Happy Clear Stamp Set', cut out using the 'Stitched Tag Dies'.

 

 

 

I love how this card turned out!
If you want to see more, check out the current issue of the Rubber Stamp Madness Magazine!

Thanks for looking!
Happy Crafting.

Kerys x

1 comment

  1. This honey of a card is Bee-u-tiful! Congrats on the publication of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team